Home > Rifle Brass > .223/ 5.56 Brass >

.223 Rem Rifle Brass - Nickel Finish

223 Rem Rifle Brass Nickel Finish


.223 Rifle Brass

  • Headstamps Are Mixed
  • Unprocessed
  • 100% Nickel Casings
  • May contain 5.56
  • 250+ Casings
Our Price: $40.00

Quantity in Stock:71
Availability:: Usually Ships in 5 to 7 Business Days
Product Code: RURB223NI-Q0250

Not only are these two rounds often interchangeable and able to be shot from the same gun, their history is entwined with each other. In fact, the 5.56 NATO round didn’t come about until have the .223 was produced. In 1957, Fairchild Industries set about to create and new lightweight combat rifle. They were commissioned, along with several other groups of engineers, by the US Continental Army Command (CONARC) with a set of specific criteria that the gun and round had to meet.

These parameters included:
• .22 Caliber
• Able to exceed supersonic speeds at 500 yards
• Rifle itself could only weigh 6 lbs.
• Able to penetrate both a steel helmet and .135” steel plate at 500 yards.
• Magazine capacity of at least 20 rounds.

These specifications came as a result of the 7.62 NATO round being deemed has having too much power to be carried by infantry. In May of 1957, Eugene Stoner shot the first AR 15 design to CONARC. Through further developments, the AR-15 was transformed into the M16 rifle that is still the standard rifle for most of the American Armed forces.

Each box contains 250+ once fired brass shell casings with a nickel finish. May contain some 5.56 mixed with 223. This is unprocessed brass sourced from commercial shooting ranges. It has not been cleaned or resized and still contains the spent primer. This brass contains different manufacturer's headstamps. It is recommended that all brass be inspected prior to being reloaded and fired.

WARNING – This product can expose you to chemicals including lead and lead compounds, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
For more information go to www. P65Warnings.ca.gov and see
: Warning

Average Rating: Average Rating: 3.5 of 5 3.5 of 5 Total Reviews: 5 Write a review »

  0 of 0 people found the following review helpful:
5 of 5 Great brass,Great price,Fast shipping. October 27, 2021
Reviewer: Bear Arms from Las Vegas Nevada  
Order 500, 223 nickle plated brass one bag had 257 the other had 255 all were in great shape minor blemishes nothing a full sizing die won't fix, primer pockets need the crimp reamed but that's easy to do, great brass highly recommended. Thank you Capital Cartridge. I'm going to place another order now

Was this review helpful to you?

  1 of 1 people found the following review helpful:
5 of 5 Great brass, ignore the other reviews October 1, 2020
Reviewer: James O from Flat Rock, MI  
Yes, most of the 250 if not all had crimped primers.  For some reason, this is now the standard for commercial brass as well.  If you reload .223, you need to swage the primer pockets.  I consider this a positive because I know it hasn’t been reloaded countless times already and so I’m willing to put in the work.
Other than that, the brass is great.  Nickel finish is strong, they have only been fired once and I only had two pieces that I rejected, but because I’m picky, they probably could still be used.
You get what you pay for.  You’re paying for top tier brass and this company gives it to you.
Learn to reload .223, guys.

Was this review helpful to you?

  1 of 4 people found the following review helpful:
3 of 5 Primer Pockets must be expanded May 21, 2020
Reviewer: Kevin from USA  
Primer pockets are tight so I wonder if they were crimped at one point.   on about 75% of the cartridges I had to open up the primer mouth.  25% went in with ease but the other 75% took me a LONG time to fix.  I suspect next time I reload them it will be a snap, but geez these SUCK.

Was this review helpful to you?

  2 of 6 people found the following review helpful:
1 of 5 SCAM!!! April 5, 2020
Reviewer: Luke from Kentucky  

Was this review helpful to you?

  4 of 5 people found the following review helpful:
4 of 5 .223 nickel brass July 19, 2019
Reviewer: Anthony Vesco from Loyalhanna, PA United States  
Nice nickel brass. Have them processed and save time. Good company and will buy again.

Was this review helpful to you?